REFEREE COURSES – Your Club Needs You!
Following the qualification of over 20 referees towards the end of season 18-19 Irish Squash is organising refereeing courses in each province in season 19-20.We are delighted to again have the experience of Dorothy Armstrong and Joe Ruddy to deliver the courses in Ulster and Leinster while current Irish Squash Refereeing Secretary, Lee Healy will work in Connacht and Munster.
All the details and dates of the courses are in the link. The cost of the course is €20 and you can pay on enrolment HERE
Course Description: As Club Grade Referees (World Squash Level 1) successful participants will be qualified to referee internal matches in their clubs and league matches between clubs. With added experience Club Grade Referees (Level 1 World Squash) can progress to Tournament Grade Referee (Level 2 W.S.).
1. You will need to:Attend 2 x 90-minute course sessions where the rules will be explained and demonstrated. If you miss the first night, don’t worry, you can catch up!
2. Familiarise yourself with the Rules and Appendices. (See above)
3. Test your knowledge and understanding of the rules by taking some of the quizzes on squashref.org where you can self-assess privately.
4. Demonstrate your ability to use the appropriate marker and referee ‘calls’ in a practical assessment.
5. Obtain the ‘Pass’ mark in a written assessment (85%). The ‘written’ assessment is on-line and you can attempt it as often as you like.