The Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, Catherine Martin, T.D, and the Minister of State for Sport and the Gaeltacht, Jack Chambers, T.D., today announced that €40 million is being made available in 2021 under a new round of the Sports Capital and Equipment Programme (SCEP).
The SCEP is the Government’s primary vehicle for providing support to sports clubs and communities to develop sports infrastructure around the country. Applications can be made online only from 9am on Friday 11th December until 5pm on Friday 12th February, 2021.
Further information and details from today’s Department press release can be found at https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/0bc7e-ministers-launch-40m-sports-grant-scheme-for-2021/
The Sports Capital and Equipment Programme is the Government’s primary vehicle for supporting the development of sports facilities and the purchase of non-personal sports equipment.
The programme funds:
• Natural grass sports pitches, tracks and courts (including pitch drainage)
• Energy Efficient Floodlighting
• Artificial sports pitches, tracks, courts and multi-use games areas
• Security fencing, ball stop netting and goal posts
• Hurling walls / handball alleys
• Building or refurbishment of dressing rooms, showers and toilets
• Building or refurbishment of sports halls and gyms
• Non-personal sports equipment
• Limited Covid related works/equipment
• Modifications to sports facilities to reduce energy consumption
• Any other capital projects that are clearly sporting in nature and that will increase participation in sport or improve performance
Further information about the programme including details of all previous allocations and a detailed review of the latest (2018) round of the programme can be found at Gov.ie
We encourage all squash clubs to examine applying for a grant, where they feel its needed, carefully. We will publish more guidance/advice in the coming weeks. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or need some advice on the grant process.
Irish Sport HQ
Sport Ireland Campus