IACT Senior National Championships 2018 – Draws
IACT National Squash Championships 2018
9th, 10th & 11th of February, in Fitzwilliam LTC
This year the National Championships will have the following sections:
Women’s Over 35’s
Men’s Over 35’s
Men’s Over 40’s
There will be two seminars taking place on Saturday, where National Coach Hadrian Stiff will be in attendance, along with national team coaches. This is an ideal time for players, coaches and parents to learn more about certain aspects of the game.
Seminar One – 2 – 3pm
Seminar Two – 3.30 – 4.30pm
Meeting room on the top floor in Fitzwilliam LTC
- Movement fluency and timing
- Target audience: coaches, players and enthusiasts
- In this seminar Hadrian will explain and demonstrate the foundations of smooth movement and how to coach it
- What to expect:
- Detailed explanations and examples of what Hadrian looks for in players to maximise their movement and how this is done.
- On court techniques and drills to develop better movement
- Q and A with Hadrian – a chance to ask questions related to movement or coaching in general
- Building a coaching culture for success
- What to expect:
- Drawing on the experiences of coaching world top ten players and also having created junior National champions – what are the fundamental components of training environments and individuals which give players and coaches the best opportunity for success.
- Player and team values
- Having a clear vision
- Player spotlight:
- What is Mohamed El Shorbagy’s character like and why is he so successful
- Q and A
Members of Irish Squash are encouraged to come along to the highlight of the Irish Squash calendar and support our best players as they play off for their National titles.
I look forward to seeing you there and I wish all competitors the best of luck
Yours in squash,