Return to Play Update – 20th June
The Irish Squash working group is finalising the COVID-19 Return to Play Guidance document following the Government’s announcement that all sporting activities may recommence on June 29th. This is information for clubs in the Republic of Ireland. We await guidance from the NI Executive, for clubs in Northern Ireland.
We have liaised with the Sport Ireland Expert Group regarding our protocol.
Squash clubs may reopen on June 29th with restrictions in place, including but not limited to:
- Each club to appoint a COVID-19 Officer/committee. Clubs must send the name, mobile & e mail of the COVID-19 Officer to Irish Squash on firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26th. This is mandatory for ALL CLUBS.
- Online court booking system mandatory, with intervals allowed for cleaning
- Courts must be booked in advance of play – no turning up to play without a booking
- One or two players allowed on court – social distancing maintained with training routines advised by coaches
- No match play permitted
- Standard hygiene and social distancing measures for COVID-19 required off court
We ask all clubs, players and coaches to read our guidelines carefully before returning to play. We all need to take personal responsibility in observing appropriate measures to minimise any potential Covid-19 risks in our sport.
Our guidance document will be available online within the next 48 hours.